Thread: 8 of 9
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 08:53 AM
Accidental Administrator

Racehorse and I discussed a few threads back about the value of playoff experience, and if that was more valuable than a potentially higher draft pick. I argues that since our pick order would not be too adversely affected (16th vs 14th I think), I argued that playoff experience would be more valuable than missing the playoffs for a better pick.

While I am still of that opinion, it occurs to me that the experience of the games we are in now is a heck of a lot more valuable than a single playoff game.

The colts were 1-5, and are knocking on the door to the playoffs. While we still need help, the things that are within this team's control are very clearly defined. The colts had to win against the texans, they did. The colts had to win against Dallas, they did. We must win against the Giants, we must win against the tacks.

The experience this team is gaining by achieving success when failure means our season is over is really as valuable, if not more valuable than a one-and-done playoff run.

There's a great deal of talk from players like TY and coaches like Reich, Eberflus and DeGuglielmo about players buying in to the system, the philosophy and culture being a big part of being able to go 7 of 8 during this stretch.

Imagine how that philosophy / culture will become part of this team if we are able to win 9 of 10 and get into the playoffs.

(dammit that fsking jags game)

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."