View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 08:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,645 Times in 953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Adams has 25 pds and only two int’s. That doesn’t strike you as low for a defensive playmaker? A defensive playmaker who just doesn’t make those defensive plays in the passing game. I consider Derwin James and Fitzpatrick defensive playmakers, guys that make plays at the los and in the backfield. What Adams seems to be is a guy who needs to play close to the los to make plays and is averaging almost a hundred tackles a season. Sacks, pressures, and tfl’s are great but he seems like a thumper to me.

Regardless, whether we perceive him as good/overrated a lot of the players and league think he is a promising young QB.
Derwin James had 16 PDs + INTs in his best year. Adams had 13. That's not a huge difference. Then factor in that James hasn't forced a fumble in the NFL, has 7 TFLs, 3.5 sacks, 6 QB hits, and missed most of 2019, and it strikes me as odd that you'd call James a playmaker and Adams a thumper. Adams creates far more positive defensive plays. Honestly looking at Adams's height and weight, he might even be able to be an effective LB or big nickel for the Colts in a hypothetical trade scenario. He's not worth $20 million, though.

I've seen enough of Watson that I'm unconvinced that he's anything better than average, and his receiver group took a HUGE hit losing Hopkins. Players and the league often overvalue certain players for varying reasons.