View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 06:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Using INTs to judge pass defense is like using sacks to judge pass rush. It's a good indicator, but also incomplete. Adams also has 25 PDs in 3 years for an average of 9 per year between PDs and INTs. Add in the 6 FFs, 12 sacks, 28 TFL, and 23 QB hits, and Adams seems more like a defensive playmaker than a thumper. To me, that word describes a good run defender who is a liability in pass coverage and offers little else aside from the good run defense. Adams doesn't seem to be that to me.

Good is debatable, let's see how he does without Hopkins.
Adams has 25 pds and only two int’s. That doesn’t strike you as low for a defensive playmaker? A defensive playmaker who just doesn’t make those defensive plays in the passing game. I consider Derwin James and Fitzpatrick defensive playmakers, guys that make plays at the los and in the backfield. What Adams seems to be is a guy who needs to play close to the los to make plays and is averaging almost a hundred tackles a season. Sacks, pressures, and tfl’s are great but he seems like a thumper to me. Maybe a lb playing safety. He does certain things well, I just don’t see it as what we need at the moment.

Regardless, whether we perceive him as good/overrated a lot of the players and league think he is a promising young QB.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 06-20-2020 at 08:01 PM.