View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 06:28 AM

The playoff game on Peacock erked me. Ownership/leadership's league wide strategy here is a little befuddling to me.

I don't think this product is what it used to be. Maybe I'm getting older, or maybe it is just getting worse. Part of me believes we're watching this evolve into something else entirely, like Camp, Heisman, and the forward pass. Part of that I can understand.

I don't understand how making the product less accessible, especially during the most important time of the year with the league's poster boy during prime time, helps with growth. The product on the field is questionable, it's accompanying coverage is hardly objective and is often unpalatable. In my experience, typically, fathers who have intimate experience with the game generally have conflicting feelings about letting their sons play. When I was a kid, a lot of other kids got "pushed" into football but I see a lot more parents being a lot more protective about that now (rightfully so).

If the product is already questionable, I already have experience with this to know there are better hobbies to push my kids into, and my kids can't even watch the fucking games? Where is this going?

I hope the spring league works. Competition is necessary.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-20-2024), Spike (01-20-2024)