Thread: Dolphins
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 08:19 AM
Accidental Administrator

Default Dolphins

I'd like to say this is some sort of "trap game" or some other cliche, but I would prefer to think that our discipline and our preparedness mneas there is no such thing as a trap game. The Phins have been sucking lately.

They have only put up 18 points over their last two games, their offense is ranked 28th, 21st rushing and 26th passing. They are getting Tannehill back after six games out. While I dont believe a whole lot in rust, after such a long absence it may be that some communication issues take place on their offense.

Nothing but respect for Frank Gore. If I've ever been tempted (I'm not) to say that I wish someone would be able to run against us it's this week. I'm still a little weirded out by us getting rid of him. Our defense faces the 4th all-time leading rusher who has 95 career TDs and over 15,000 yards. I think forcing gore to the outside will be key to limiting his production.

We will need to play disciplined football, their offense is backed into a corner and desperately need a win. I would imagine they will do a few wildcat snaps and perhaps some other stupid gimmicks that will keep us on our toes.

If we are able to get consistent pressure on Defense from our front 4, we can make Tannehill's return be a long afternoon.

Here's how AP is ranking us vs them:
Phins offense 28th, 21st rushing, 26th passing
Phins defense 27th, 30th vs Rush, 26th vs pass
Colts Offense 9th, 14th rushing, 10th passing
Colts defense 20th, 14th vs rush, 23 vs pass

Offensively, we need to run the ball and set up play action. Over the last 5 games, the Phins have allowed 174 rushing yards PER GAME.

If we rush for 179 yards I cant see us walking away with anything less than a blowout.

These are the Kind of games that playoff teams win. The vegas dudes have the colts and 8 point favorites.

28-10 Colts.

Tannehill throws 2 picks, Andrew Luck gets sacked twice and throws a pick. Marlon Mack gets 125 yard rushing, and Jack Doyle gets two TDs.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (11-24-2018)