Thread: The build
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
With all due respect to Dam and his position, I do believe coaches are important...
Actually knowing my position would be helpful here, because it does not disagree with your statement. My position is and always has been that the importance of coaching lies in player development, and that the impact of coaching on gameday is negligible. Reich and his staff are an excellent example of this. In my opinion, and the opinion of most here, they've done a great job, yet the team is 2-5. It also has several young players that appear to be budding stars, and several surprise good players like Hunt and Ebron who are castoffs from other teams. The coaching staff has done very well at player development, and yet because the team doesn't have the talent level of some teams (and has had more than their fair share of injuries), if you were to look at the record as the sole point of evaluation, you'd say Reich and his staff are doing poorly. This has been, is, and will continue to be my point on the matter. Coaches won't actually make the difference on gameday. Evidence continues to mount supporting this point.