Thread: Luck's arm
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:59 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
IMO, it's all on Luck. Sometimes you can tell that he's just trying to finesse the ball in there, and others he let's it rip.

In other words, I still think that he's in adjustment mode, both to his new team mates, new coaches, new playbook, new mechanics and new arm.

It may take a few more weeks before we see a truly confident Andrew Luck. The trust in all listed above, is just not there yet, at least on a consistent basis.
Agree w/a lot of this. He was on a pitch count the entire offseason, and he did not participate the full offseason either. He was limited in preseason. He's only had 3 games.

That said, I'll feel a lot better when he proves he can throw a Bruce Arians-era downfield pass to Hilton on a rope.

I also think he needs to dig in harder on the mental side. He is clearly a smart person. I don't think he has clearly proven to be a smart QB. He's not stupid. His game is not full of bad decisions. But he does make too many of them. He locks on too much. He throws into what should be obvious coverage. He doesn't anticipate defenders like he should. His mental game is not at all on part with Manning, Brady, Brees, Rogers. He's not a young man anymore, this is a part of his game that needs to grow.

Last edited by FatDT; 09-25-2018 at 09:01 AM.