View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 09:31 AM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
I like Foster although he does have a bit of an injury concern, which makes me wary. Bubba Baker i love, but i don't think that this is a position of need as he is similar to Geathers. I don't think you would want to have Geathers and Baker as our safeties against the pass! Walker i don't like at all as a pass rusher.... although he is quite good against the run. Vanderdoes is a decent enough pick in the 4th but i am not sure he is a true NT, and hopefully will be more recovered from his 15 injury. Cooper is a decent pickup, and should provide solid competition at RG. Kareem Hunt would be a solid selection.

Instead of Baker i prefer to take either Bowser to help with the rush, or probably the best player still available at a position of need CB Adoree; Jackson. I would much prefer to take a flyer on Sidney Jones who was still available in this draft in the 3rd than to take Walker.

Actually with the guys still available i would have gone:
Reuben Foster - ILB
Adoree' Jackson - CB
Sidney Jones - CB
Anthony Walker - ILB
And stick with both Cooper and Hunt.....although this still doesn't address the need for a pass rush.

In the long run i think this draft could provide us with 4 or 5 starters for the 2018 season.
While your draft does not provide us with a pass rush stud, it stabilizes our LB corps (Sheard, Foster, Walker/Jackson/Morrison, Simon) into one that can at least approach or perhaps exceed NFL average by just a bit. That in its own right will propel our defense forward greatly from what we had last year.

Jackson and Davis as starting CBs with a re-signed Butler or Melvin as CB3 would hopefully be a bit of an upgrade over the CBs we fielded in 2016 and the return of Jones in 2018 would, hopefully, be pure win.

Safety with Geathers, Butler and Green would be....okay. NFL average, hopefully.

About the only thing that our free agency and your draft does not help stabilize is our NT position where we are sorely lacking bodies. Colts.com mail bag had one person asking an interesting question of if Arthur Jones could come over and give time at NT. While he would not be proto-typical at all, I do wonder about if he could give time at that position.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Ballard finishes up the 2nd phase of free agency prior to the draft and then conducts the draft. Still lots of holes to fill.

Cheers,