View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 12:41 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
Clearly it would be better if he dropped to the 3rd round, but with the likes of Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack both having significant injuries going into last years draft, they were both taken at the top of the 2nd round. So i suspect it is unlikely he will last until the 3rd assuming the injury isn't too devasting
So be it. I don't want to use our 2nd round pick on a CB that will not play in 2017 and gain experience.

I would rather pick a 2nd round CB talent and play them immediately. When rebuilding, you HAVE to get immediate production out of your 1st and 2nd round choices. They have to produce.

Which is why I was not high on picking Green last season as a "developmental" project. I don't care that he has 1st round measurable, he has only been playing defense for two fricking years. We wasted our 2nd round pick last year.

Now, perhaps, he will developing into a 2nd round production dude in the future but the chances are less than if he had already been demonstrating that level of production in college.

Cheers,