Thread: Realistic Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 08:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Dam. Look at who we have one the Oline and where they were drafted? Do you really think Ballard is dumb enough to follow that pattern to protect the absolute most important player on the team? The only quality players we have in the Oline were taken in 1st and second rounds. The players that were taken in later rounds are just guys. And because they are just guys we have to continue to try to upgrade the position year after yr.

I don’t expect them to take Nelson in round one. But I don’t expect it to be Chubb either.

Ballard will take BPA. If he likes a player he will do what he can to move draft picks around whether trading back or up to get the player where he should be valued.

Yes the D needs upgraded. But you Have tunnel vision and would be a horrible GM and terrible at building a team
You have to have a good defense to win football games consistently. The Colts have a terrible defense. They also have 4 top 50 picks in the upcoming draft. Using those picks on defensive upgrades will hopefully turn terrible into at least average. Meanwhile, you accuse me of having tunnel vision while wanting to invest more first and second round picks into an OL (five positions) that already has 2 former first round selections and 1 former second round selection rather than a defense (eleven positions) that has 1 former first round selection and 2 former second round selections. That's tunnel vision.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (04-15-2018)