View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 09:14 AM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

While conventional wisdom says QB when that high (and your franchise QB is 37 years old), old Bill Polian said that when you draft this high, you pick a QB, a guy to protect your QB (LT) or a guy to sack the other guy's QB (pass rush).

No LT is worthy of a top 5 / 10 pick this year so your choices are QB or pass rush. If they think that Eli has a few years left in him, then you go after the one "complete" pass rusher in the draft at #2.

That really does not hurt us a ton because that assures one of 2 scenarios:

1. Either Barkley or Nelson fall to us at #6 if 3 QBs are taken in the top 5.

-- OR --

2. All three Chubb/Barkley/Nelson are taken and the #3 QB is still undrafted at #6 meaning SOMEONE will pay a king's ransom to trade up into the slot.

Do I want Chubb? I sure do.

However, would I also take Trumaine Edwards / Roquan Smith + a stud drafted at #21 + a kid drafted in the 3rd round by trading with the Bills? Yeah, I would love that too.

We have 4 picks in the top 50 and 5 picks in the top 67.

Would I rather have 5 picks in the top 50 and 7 picks in the top 67? Yes Sir!

1 - 12
1 - 21
2 - 4 (36)
2 - 5 (37)
2 - 17 (49)
3 - 1 (65)
3 - 3 (67)

THAT is how you rebuild a team. Perhaps you are not getting an ELITE player by trading from 3 to 6 to 12. But you are getting a TON of quality guys whom you will hopefully develop into the core of your team for years to come.

Plus add back Luck, Hooker and Anderson with Wilson actually playing the whole year? Lots of positives over last season.

If NYG draft Chubb at #2 then they do. It would be a good move by them; he is arguably the best player in the draft (beside Barkley and Nelson).

That does not doom our draft, however.

Walk Worthy,

Last edited by sherck; 03-23-2018 at 09:17 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (03-23-2018), Oldcolt (03-23-2018)