Thread: Next head coach
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 12:38 PM

In case you never had a chance to hear Kevin Bowen's analysis on all things Colts you really should seek him out. He is by far my most respected voice in the Indy market......anyway just heard his latest update this morning and he thinks all indicators are still pointing toward a Reich selection. Most of what he said was the same stiff he and others have said for the last week but there was one new nugget that I hadn't really heard as strongly as I have before and that is about the relationship of Ballard and Polian.

I have heard Polian speak highly of Ballard in interviews before but I just thought he was speaking of his reputation in the league and from an arms length distance but per Kevin they are very close. He described what to me sounds like more of a mentoring relationship although he didn't call Polian his mentor. It seems after Irsay shit the bed so badly with his own selection of Grigsom that Irsay leaned heavily on Polian next time out and it was Polian that put Ballard on Irsay's radar.

The relevance to today's search is that per Bowen, Polian's voice will be the loudest voice they listen to out of all their outside advisors and he will most definitely be advocating for Reich.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (02-11-2018), Oldcolt (02-11-2018), Racehorse (02-11-2018), rcubed (02-11-2018), Spike (02-11-2018)