View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=sherck;53428]The biggest factor is that AV is only 58 points away from becoming the NFL's career scoring leader. Do you not think that Jim Irsay wants the horseshoe on the side of his helmet when that happens?

I agree that we should do our best to resign AV but it takes two to tango....this may just be negotiating strategy on AV's part but if I'm him I would also do my best to negotiate from a position of strength and the fact of the matter is AV has performed consistently, the Colts have not....they want to keep him they gotta be willing to pay him, and beyond paying him they need to re-recruit him. Competitors like AV want to win as much as they want to get paid.
----------------------------------------------------
He has spent the past 13 seasons in Indianapolis, but the Colts parted ways with Chuck Pagano and will hire Josh McDaniels as their head coach after the Super Bowl. Special teams coordinator Tom McMahon already has found a new job in Denver.

Vinatieri admits the direction of the franchise “definitely weighs in on all decisions.”

“I’ve been very fortunate to play on two very successful franchises over 22 years, and I enjoy playing on teams that win games,” Vinatieri said. “So hopefully we can get back there on this team as well, but that always plays a factor. It’s fun playing in January, February. It’s fun having a chance to play for a championship.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/adam-vinati...213347523.html

Last edited by 1965southpaw; 01-26-2018 at 02:14 PM.