View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 05:14 PM

Thanked 1,250 Times in 701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I understand the draft value charts, but they're static and don't take into account things like a team deciding they have to have a certain player, i.e. Washington with RGIII. I'm really hoping Denver ends up deciding they need a certain QB (don't care which one as long as they're likely to be available at 3) and "overpays" based on the draft chart to move up to 3 while the Colts get 5, 36, and Denver's 2019 1. They still have their choice of defender at 5 in all likelihood, and there are still trade opportunities there if for some reason the front office feels this draft is deeper than it is topheavy.
Not sure we can swing this but I'm all in favor of more draft picks. I'm just not enamored with who's likely hitting free agency and we have a lot of holes to fill. I would go out and pay whatever it takes to get Pugh from the giants and then one other quality starter at a position of need. Overpay if necessary. Follow that up with a slew of picks in the draft and we should see improvement on the field.