View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
the little i have watched of him didnt really stand out. he doesn't seem to have a great get off. i just don't see the athleticism. but i haven't watched much and i am no expert.

i mainly want the position right now. i just don't want to come away without an elite type pass rusher when we suffered through the nonsense of this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I don't watch enough CFB to have my own opinions, but it does strike me that I haven't really ever seen Chubb discussed/written about like I saw Garrett or Clowney or Von Miller etc. Maybe I just haven't seen the right discussions, but I do wonder how much Chubb is really a top 3 player on talent vs a top 3 player because edge-rushers are valued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I've only watched one game and some highlights of Chubb. Obviously not an expert or even that into CFB. The one game was against FSU and he was a real problem to deal with the entire game. He abused the QB. Two sacks and I don't know how many QB hits.

I've read he's a more athletic Derek Barnett, who I was very high on last year. I don't really see that so much. I agree he's the better athlete but to me Barnett was stronger, a lineman that could transition to OLB but was probably a better fit in an even front rushing with his hand down. Chubb seems like the better transition prospect.

I like that he is athletic enough to not worry about, that he tries hard, that he produced consistently, and that he wants to be great. He's not a Garrett or Clown eye, those guys don't come along often. But I like him well enough that I'll trust it's a good pick if Ballard likes him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
What if he’s more James Harrison/Chandler Jones than Clowney/Bosa? Problem is also that this isn’t taking place in a vacuum. The top of this draft is relatively weak and they may be better off staying put and taking a good (but not franchise-changing) player.
I encourage you all to look at Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Yeah, he’s not pass rush. But he I believe does have that super Uber talent you look for in the top 5. He wouldn’t improve our biggest weakness on defense but he would improve the defense.