View Single Post
Old 05-12-2024, 07:29 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

How exactly does this call attention to him? The only people who will even know about it are diehard football fans who care enough about him and the draft to know why he chose his number. This is, quite simply, a personal motivator for a player who seems to perform better when he has more motivation to do better. I think it's great and I hope he helps take the Colts to a Super Bowl and then tells the media why he chose his number.

o

He said that he was "pissed" when he was drafted in the 2nd round last month, and not the first round. And that was made a big deal of in the press. So, choosing number 10 AND telling the press that that is why he chose that number one month later is calling attention to himself ...... at least that's how I view a rookie wide receiver calling attention to oneself.

It will be fine if he has a good season. But if he tears his UCL in the 5th game of the season, his assertion of being pissed and choosing number 10 won't be a flattering look for a rookie wide receiver. Hopefully he will stay healthy, play well, and make it a moot point.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck