View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 06:43 PM

I like the players we selected, but do still worry that we passed on Quinyon Mitchell, feel that he could have been a huge difference maker. By that i mean providing a significant upgrade to what we already have at a position. The DE group were not terrible last year, hopefully we make a big jump in pressures on a more consistent basis and that then makes the defensive backs lives that much easier.

Other than the fact that the Colts chose not to find a bona fide starting calibre CB, a starting free safety, and a backup RB, i feel that we addressed all areas of need going into the draft. But i suspect we will be signing a free agent or two in the coming weeks, to fill those potential voids. We already have options there, the cupboard is not bare, but upgrades at those three positions in my opinion are still on the cards.

To me this is as strong a roster as the Colts have had in many years, both from a starter point of a view and overall depth. We could be cutting 2 or 3 draft picks at final roster cut down, and it wouldn't be surprising if we also let go a few draft picks from last year as well.

This roster is still going to be very young, and may need another year to reach their full potential, but i am excited to see what 2024 may bring.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-28-2024), YDFL Commish (04-28-2024)