View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
If Anthony Richardson develops, from his second season of being a full-time starter until about his 10th to 12th season as a full time starter.

This league starts, and finishes, with an elite QB. If you have one, you are in the window. If you don't, you are not.

Our roster is well built to complement an elite QB. But we don't have one....yet.
I don’t disagree on the value of an elite QB. So my argument would be that the moves for Rivers and Ryan were kicking the can down the road. Either you thought they were elite and you should have managed the rest of the roster accordingly. Or you shouldn’t have acquired them, started an Ehlinger level guy and acquired the picks necessary to find your guy. Instead Ballard went middle of the road and did neither. I do concede that Wentz was young enough that a one year prove it season was a viable option. It wasn’t for Rivers or Ryan though. Their age said either go for it or stay away.

I guess my question is if AR develops, do you expect different roster management from Ballard next year? And because of how important QB is, what’s the plan if he doesn’t develop? The team isn’t competing. Aren’t we just back on the same mediocre path we’d been on until Irsay got involved? So what then is the risk of assuming the window is open this year and getting AR more help so the pressure of carrying the team to the playoffs isn’t all on him as it is now?

Last edited by rm1369; 04-05-2024 at 03:11 PM.