Thread: L'Jarius Sneed
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 04:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
He probably told Ballard he wanted a ham sandwich free from the cafeteria every day and Ballard called his bluff on that shit. Over three years, prob saved the franchise $432. Good move Ballard, good fucking move.

Constantly, perpetually, hypothesizing why the dude sits on his hands as some form of justification for him just SUCKING as a GM. Dude is just lazy and entitled and doesn't give a fuck about much other than that paycheck.
Please demonstrate this "SUCKING as a GM" you refer to. His job is putting talent on the roster, and the roster was talented enough last year that it almost won the division with the backup QB starting 13 games, and it was the backup QB that cost them that chance in the end. He's also consistently pulled 2 or more starters out of every draft class, and quite frankly has been a better overall drafter than Bill Polian, who is a Hall of Famer and as a GM responsible for the most successful era of Colts football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
If there were medical concerns then fair enough. The other possible excuses I'm not buying. We could have outbid Teen w/ a 3rd rounder this year or included a day 3 pick instead of a swap as the kicker, etc. Also, the IN income tax rate per the IN.gov website is 3.05%, which for $19M is $665K. Obviously to us that's a shit ton of money, but in terms of NFL salary cap it's a drop in the bucket.
I believe it was a combination of all of the factors listed above, but honestly we don't even really know if the Colts were ever in on him at all. Schefter says they weren't, but I'm not 100% sure I buy that. As far as the state tax thing, you're leaving out the local tax that pushes Indiana's tax rate closer to 5% and varies based on both where you live and work.

But I will say that if the Colts could've gotten him for a similar package, then I really hope their problem was that they didn't like the medicals, because the trade compensation was a bargain price and the contract he signed isn't terrible if he continues to perform at a high level and doesn't get hurt.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (03-23-2024), Racehorse (03-23-2024), TheMugwump (03-26-2024)