Thread: 2024 NFL Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 10:58 AM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
In 2020 they were paying the QB 25mil a year, didn’t have Jonathan Taylor yet either.

Our DBs were atrocious and Juju has injury concerns, they have to address CB. WR is not a dire need like many believe
Don't disagree that CB is likely our biggest need and needs to be addressed in the offseason. But we have other needs as well which includes the need for more weapons in the passing game, especially ones who can stretch the field. So if we spend our 1st rounder on a WR or TE who can do that then it'll be a 1st rounder well spent IMO.

With that being said though, if a CB, DE, or even S is indeed the BPA then I think we should take him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Playing 2 and 3 TE takes Downs off the field though.

My main beef with the TE by committee was they tipped their hand on play calling, if Granson is in it’s a pass if cox is in it’s likely a run. I feel like Mallory showed huge promise as well as Woods, though neither seem to block worth a shit.

If Bowers can be that every down threat then I’m cool with it, if he’s just a better receiver than Mallory but can’t block I don’t know about that. He seems pretty undersized for all the hype
Agree on the blocking, but even if not then I think it depends on how much better of a receiver Bowers is/could be than Mallory. Mallory did show some promise, but (at least IMO) nothing that looked like he'll be the dynamic playmaker that Bowers very well could be. Woods could be that guy, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy and is likely still very raw since he basically missed both the entire offseason and regular season.

Also, I wouldn't get too hung up on what drafting a player will do to another's snap count. Steichen's a smart guy. He'll be able to figure out how to best utilize the talent on the roster.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-03-2024), Racehorse (03-03-2024)