View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 02:00 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
That NFLPA rating thing is curious to me.

I think I saw it pointed out on Reddit how the organization allegedly regressed in the "family friendly" area vs where they were last year (INDY Specifically). Some of the talking heads opined that child care was an aspect of this (General NFL, not just INDY).

First of all. I suspect Stiechen has a no bullshit attitude and some of the stuff that used to fly no longer does. As a fan, the product on the field was undoubtedly better than what we saw in YEARS - with a backup QB. I think most, if not all of us, would probably say the majority of this season was fun to watch. A relieving change of pace, considering the post Luck era. Why do I give a shit about that?

What I'm trying to ask is, why is this actually important? Kansas City is apparently a shit organization yet they consistently put up the best product? Does this serve any other legitimate purpose other than trying to shit on ownership? Perhaps it is what ownership will make out of it, but KC is showing how much value is in that.

I also think the player's gripes about child care are ridiculous, but I'm not guaranteed at least 13K a week to play a game for a living, so I guess I just wouldn't get it.
How many stories did we always hear about a guy going to NE and having an issue with how Belichick ran things?

I don't keep up with this grading system, but if you're asking players about a coach, for example... most of them are going to bring up a "player's coach." It's why that moniker exists in the first place: players like him.

Happens to be the case that most "player's coaches" don't run a tight ship and things get fucked up.

Oh, and get fucked with the child care.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (02-29-2024), Racehorse (02-29-2024)