View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 10:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I'm not saying to completely give up on Pierce, but if either Odunze or Nabors is there for us to draft it probably makes sense to draft one of them (pending they're the BPA).

I do stand by my statement that we need to bring in 1-2 WRs (could be from the draft) for depth b/c we have pretty much nothing past MPJ (hopefully), Pierce, and Downs.
If Nabers is there, he's the BPA. In most classes, he'd be WR1, but most classes don't have the physical reincarnation of Calvin Johnson taught to play WR from childhood by Marvin Harrison.

If you don't get an elite talent like that, though, I really don't see a reason to bring in a WR. If Ballard's not an idiot (and he's not), he'll tag and extend MPJ. MPJ is a good 1, Downs is a good slot (and IMO would be the #2 target in the offense), and Pierce has the skillset to be the deep threat boundary guy. Beyond that, the Colts are only going to keep 5 WRs in all likelihood, Dulin will probably be one of them, and I likes what I saw of DJ Montgomery enough to not burn a Day 3 pick on the hope of getting a good WR4.

So if you can get Nabers, get him, otherwise stand pat at WR IMO.