View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 12:56 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
You're assuming that Ballard had Stroud rated higher than AR. Considering how Ballard tends to value traits over polish and production in his draft picks it's not unlikely that he had AR rated higher than Stroud. At the very least he obviously had AR rated close enough to Stroud to where he didn't think it was worth spending the capital to trade up to #1.
You have pinpointed what I am frustrated about. Based on results, Stroud should've been rated head and shoulders above the rest of the class, as I had it. He led the league in TD:INT ratio AS A ROOKIE and game in and game out displayed the Aaron Rodgers like qualities (including leading the league in TD:INT ratio) that he displayed at Ohio State all year, not just in the Georgia game. His rookie year is proof that that assessment was wrong.

Quote:
We all know this is BS. If Stroud ends up having the better career of the 2 then you'll continue to remind us about it every step of the way. If AR manages to live up to his potential and ends up being better than Stroud then you'll come up w/ some BS as to why that happened, similar to what you do when anyone on here brings up how bad Mac Jones and Zach Wilson are.
I'm a Colts fan, the Colts winning is ultimately what I want. Stroud is clearly going to be a franchise QB barring injury. If Richardson lives up to his potential and is also a franchise QB, it'll completely remove the sting of missing a different franchise QB.

As for the 2021 QB class, it looks like they were all bad. At least I can point at team based factors that ruined the development of Jones and Wilson. It's not like they're Trevor Lawrence who still can't read a defense.

Quote:
I distinctly remember you being high on Young. Not as high as you were on Stroud obviously, but still high on him. Are you admitting that you were wrong?
If Young had 4 more inches of height, I'd've ultimately ranked Stroud higher. Why? Because they were very close in terms of performance, but there was one differentiating trait that made Stroud better in my eyes. Both QBs often rolled out of the pocket and improvised. When Young did it, he looked to run more often and didn't always keep his eyes downfield. Stroud ALWAYS kept his eyes downfield and often made opposing defenses pay for not maintaining zone discipline when he rolled out. That's why my high end comp for Stroud was Rodgers and my high end comp for Young was prime Russell Wilson. I'd choose Rodgers over Wilson.

That said, Young absolutely had a terrible rookie season on the worst roster in the league. I wouldn't write him off just yet. Both he and Richardson have a chance to completely change the narrative next year. I wouldn't count either of them out at this point.