View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 07:19 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
The #4 pick was more valuable than #9 in part because it could've been flipped again to another QB needy team to get into that same range. In this hypothetical scenario, after trading with the Colts to move to 4, if the Bears liked DJ Moore so much, they could've flipped from 4 to 9 and got him. You can say it was impossible, if they wanted it badly enough, they'd have found a way to make it happen.

That's not "harping", that's frustration. Ballard talked the talk then did not walk the walk. Could've won the division for the first time since 2014, instead the Colts have an injured QB and a lot of "what if"s.
You're assuming that Ballard had Stroud rated higher than AR. Considering how Ballard tends to value traits over polish and production in his draft picks it's not unlikely that he had AR rated higher than Stroud. At the very least he obviously had AR rated close enough to Stroud to where he didn't think it was worth spending the capital to trade up to #1.

Quote:
Absolutely not. If Richardson comes out next year, stays healthy, and leads the Colts to a high seeded playoff berth, I'll wholeheartedly believe in him. The problem I have is there was a franchise QB available and the Colts didn't move heaven and earth to get him, like they said they would. I am right about Stroud (my comp was Rodgers, he led the league in TD:INT ratio as a rookie), and while I'll probably be annoyed about that until he's out of the league, there's no need to harp on it. Hopefully Houston will botch it with him like they did with their last franchise QB.
We all know this is BS. If Stroud ends up having the better career of the 2 then you'll continue to remind us about it every step of the way. If AR manages to live up to his potential and ends up being better than Stroud then you'll come up w/ some BS as to why that happened, similar to what you do when anyone on here brings up how bad Mac Jones and Zach Wilson are.

Quote:
Probably Young, which would've been incredible for the Colts
I distinctly remember you being high on Young. Not as high as you were on Stroud obviously, but still high on him. Are you admitting that you were wrong?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-08-2024), Racehorse (01-08-2024)