View Single Post
Old 12-26-2023, 04:12 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Your eyes are lying to you again. Our pass rush is a mirage and our o-line is still subpar. Our backend is suspect. Yes I know a lot of young players getting baptism under fire, but if they don't pan out its back to square one. No depth at any of the key positions. Pitman is a beast, but he doesn't have that break away speed. We still need a receiver to take the top off the defense. I think Richardson is a sponge in the tape rooms and will be much ahead of schedule next year. If he is not protected and nobody to throw deep to, it is all for naught.

On a side note. Looks like you were right about CJ. I don't think he is elite, but is he is much above average and will win a lot of games and a major pain in the ass for us for the next decade barring any career ending injuries.
Dayo is getting real pressure both from the edge and interior, Ebukam is doing well from the edge, and of course Buckner is Buckner. I wouldn't be upset if the Colts spent their 1 this year on a pass rusher, but given that it will be in the back half of the first round, the value likely won't be there. The backend of the defense fell off quite a bit when Julian Blackmon left the game, which shows two things: 1) Blackmon should be the offseason priority right after Pittman and 2) the Colts might be wise to invest high round draft capital into one of those versatile hybrid nickel/safety type defenders, as Moore and Blackmon are the only players that the Colts have for that type of role. They may have found their boundary CBs in Brents and Jones, but they need more defenders that can handle TEs and receiving RBs. Downs, Pierce, and Pittman are a quality top 3 for a receiver room. Like I said, depth is probably needed there, but not top end talent. The possession guy (Pittman), deep threat (Pierce) and slot guy (Downs) are all already there.

As for Stroud, guys who break all the rookie QB records tend to go on to have good careers. This is why I wanted to trade up to 1. Hopefully Richardson can come back and be as good or better.