View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 01:10 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Ballard's missed with a lot of Round 2 picks on DEs. I know finding edge rush talent on Day 3 is a crap shoot, but most GMs are better than 0 for 4 (jury still out on Odeyingbo) at finding at least average edge rush talent in Round 2. I'm not one of these crazy people who thinks the Colts need a new GM, but I feel it's fair to point out his weaknesses as a talent evaluator, especially when they have such an easy fix.
Are they better than 0-4 though? I don’t think the hit rate is very high.

“Having already been in the select 0.01% of the top 1.6% of the top 7.3% of the nation, the chosen players might be dismayed to learn that only 30% of those drafted will ever make it onto an NFL roster.

Of course, this number is skewed and isn’t a straight line across the board. The players taken in the first and second rounds will definitely be on the opening day roster, barring some unforeseen injury or something. But the players taken in the sixth and seventh rounds may have only a 10% or 15% chance, at least in the first year or two.“

“And so only about 8% of draft picks are players that really make much of a difference beyond replacement value, and only about 30% see much playing time or make a significant contribution to the team.

That means among the 260 or so drafted players each year, only about 2-3 will have Hall of Fame caliber careers, and only about 21 will be undisputedly good picks- and very good but not HoF caliber players.”

Looking at the numbers I think he has been average, in-line with the rest of the league. Tyquan and Dayo are contributing.

https://en.as.com/nfl/what-percentag...outputType=amp

https://www.dailynorseman.com/platfo...ains-very-high
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-18-2023)