View Single Post
Old 09-24-2023, 08:03 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Ok, rest of my thoughts...

-I want to quickly point out how after BAL marched down the field for their first TD drive, they fumbled on four straight possessions. More importantly to me...
Jackson and Co. were laughing and joking on the sidelines until after the 3rd fumble. Then right before half, the cute backwards hat comes off and they decide to take the dogfight seriously.

Don't be like that, Richardson.

OFFENSE/ST:

-Zack Moss and the O-Line really grinded out an effective run game today. With your backup QB and another short-ranged pass gameplan, that was tough to do. 4ypc on 35 carries. Great TD catch by Moss, too.

-Pass pro wasn't great, but I have a feeling the film won't look as bad for the O-Line. Minshew was completely blind to Hamilton's blitzes, it wasn't Smith's job to take him. And some of the pressure felt like it was coverage-induced.

-Pittman was again better (and more clutch) than his numbers. That OT catch was one of the plays of the game in a field-position game. Pierce and Downs also solid contributions in a field-position game.

-Minshew is limited, but he's a good backup and teammate. Come on, AR!

-Matt Gay is showing to be a massive luxury. Shortening your field to the point where you only need to get inside the 38-yard line to get consistent points is huge.

-McKenzie did well on his punt returns... but catch the fucking ball at the 14 next time, goddamn it.

DEFENSE:

-What else to say about our front-7? Sacks, pressures, TFLs, and just keeping Jackson uncomfortable. Didn't start this year, they just need the offense not to have catastrophic mistakes.

-Julian Blackmon seemed like he was all over the place.

-Bradley schemed to keep Jackson as limited in the passing game as Minshew was... only Jackson is a $260m QB, not a backup.

-Baker healthy scratch felt along the lines of Deon Jackson getting cut. You don't perform, you're out with Steichen.

-Brents' physicality was a welcome sight. That's a big CB. Hopefully he helps get that secondary on par with the front-7 and this D will be scary.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-24-2023), ChoppedWood (09-24-2023), Chromeburn (09-26-2023), CletusPyle (09-24-2023), dwilli57 (09-25-2023), Hoopsdoc (09-25-2023), Spike (09-25-2023)