View Single Post
Old 09-04-2023, 01:11 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Cambell was offered one year "prove it" deals by everyone. He went with the offer with the best QB situation. Why would you sign a 1 year contract with a rookie QB who needs to grow?
Agree you can't really blame Ballard for Campbell moving on. Wouldn't have made any sense to give Campbell more than a 1 year prove it deal, and as you noted it was better for him to move on considering our QB situation.

Quote:
When he got here the major issues were offensive line and defense. What has improved since then? offensive line and defense.
The OL was better from '18-'21, but after last year I'm not so sure we're any better off than we were in '17. And while parts of the D have gotten better we still have no consistent pass rush, and our secondary is probably going to be a shit show.

Quote:
Then the QB retired. Our top pick in two of the last four drafts has been receiver. We have drafted a receiver high in three of the last four drafts. We will probably take a receiver high next draft as well. We have invested a lot in skill positions. I don't really give a fuck about receivers till we have a QB in place. That's what that hater Kevin Bowen bitched about all last offseason and that wasn't the problem at all. Of course he will never admit that, he just moves on to the next hindsight thing to bitch about. Gransen and Campbell were in the top ten of separation for most of the year, we just couldn't get them the ball. The problem was what I correctly identified before the season started, trying to use Pryor at LT. Although no one could have predicted he would fall apart that badly. Reich should have just started the rookie.
I have no idea who Kevin Bowen is. I was just pointing out that when Ballard got here our WR talent was pretty damn dry as well, and he didn't add anything even when we had a QB. I mean Dontrelle Inman was our 2nd best WR in 2018.

And again, who's fault was it that all we had at LT last year was Pryor and a 3rd round rookie not ready to play?

Last edited by IndyNorm; 09-04-2023 at 01:43 PM.