View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023, 02:54 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I said maybe he's a leader. He's really good, consistent, and doesn't miss much playing time or cause any issues on/off the field. An overall standout leader has been missing for years. Cory Redding was probably the last leader we've had.
Wasn't a dig on your opinion. I just never know what guys mean when this leadership stuff comes up.

All I know is that the players decide it based on stuff I can't see. Kelly has always been noted for his locker room presence. Nelson is probably more vocal than he is in public, but I would guess he's mostly lead-by-example guy.

Franklin is another guy who's always been touted, even when he was a ST guy. #1 thing people talk about with Leonard is his infection energy, which is both rah-rah and lead-by-example to me.

Moore is interesting. He obviously had his contract spat which pissed people off (me included), but he was also our Man of the Year nominee in '21 so guys must see something there. Plus, like you mentioned, he's a vet in a secondary full of youngbloods. Definitely a factor.

Richardson is a formality. QB's have to be captains or you're fucked. So in-line with the strategy of throwing him out there, make him captain and see if he earns it sooner rather than later. Looks to have the confidence of the team.