View Single Post
Old 08-31-2023, 02:30 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

I know it's a beaten horse, but it's the only Colts-related media out right now...

I keeping reading/listening to these takes and it occurred to me that people just don't have a grasp on the overall issue, which is the value of the RB position.

Instead, people conflate "the RB position" with "this particular RB." Meaning they'll talk about all the valuable things the "RB position" does for a team, but then conclude that it makes "this particular RB" that valuable.

Which misses the point. Nobody is saying that what any of these RB's do is not valuable. In fact, it's super important. What is being said (and not heard) is that there are too many "this particular RB"s that can provide a team with the valuable things the "RB position" does.

It's been said before, but great RB's used to be the cake batter. You couldn't make a great cake without one. Now they're the cherry on top. The difference between winning a SB and getting bounced in the WC is so slim that a great RB can tip the scales for a great team...

But a great RB is not going turn a poor team into a playoff team.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (09-01-2023), JAFF (08-31-2023), Racehorse (08-31-2023), Spike (08-31-2023)