View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 12:22 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Just like every year we are flying high with OTA's. Ryan was a genius pick up at this point. Not that I think this will end up that way, I am pumped to see AR in action. These are all positive signs, which is great at this point. I do love how he interacts with the team (versus Wentz), the guy sees to have a great personality which is huge. I am looking forward to watching him develop. Now if the line doesn't shit the bed we may actually surprise some folks.
Difference this year though is the expectations… with Rivers, Wentz, and Ryan it was like “chips all in” “gotta win the division”

We’re walking into this season with zero expectations and opponents have no idea what our offense is gonna look like. That gives a competitive advantage to these guys they can play loose all year. Opposing defenses aren’t walking into the sitting duck in the pocket predicable Reich offense which got progressively worse with each QB change. Last year was a flat disaster I guarantee all defensive players loved playing vs the Colts so they could boost their salary with some inflated stats. Not this year……. Our offense will do the dictating…. Everything will look the same and you have to make a decision based on Richardson/Taylor threat. The field is split in half right at the handoff or fake …. Putting the defender in space to make a forced decision— honor the pass or go get the QB. Richardson will have 1-2 reads on these and takeoff if they’re giving the run which should help him get acclimated to the speed of the game.

Even with zero NFL experience running that 4.4 put fear in all the defenders in the NFL. Teams aren’t gonna be excited to lineup against this guy I guarantee it
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (06-04-2023), Chromeburn (06-05-2023), CletusPyle (06-03-2023), Ironshaft (06-05-2023), Oldcolt (06-04-2023), Spike (06-03-2023), YDFL Commish (06-03-2023)