View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 08:22 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
If he cant find the field in the beginning of his sophomore season, then he cant be the choice. To get only 3 years of a 5 year deal(?) where he is on the field is nuts. Al he will be asked to do is work on football full time with other pro football players and coaches. First round players need to play to get better, he wont learn anything from the sideline.

Best way to learn how to do anything is by doing it. If this new HC is as good as advertised, he should be able to build packages of plays that progressively build up his knowledge base. Oh, and commit to the RUNNING game. Double tight, double wide, single back (Taylor) and punch the other team in the mouth.
I guess you know more than Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes, both of whom credit Mahomes's meteoric rise to the year he spent on the bench learning from the sidelines. But I'm sure you know more than the best QB developing coach and best QB in the NFL about how QBs develop.

Also, I'd rather have 3 years of elite play than 4 years of average play or 5 years of bad play. That's not to say those are guarantees, but the longer he sits, the more likely he is to be successful once he takes the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Its astounding that all the teams who need good GM's have not scooped you up and gave you the keys to the franchise.
That's it guys, pack up the message board, turns out you can't have an opinion on football unless you're the GM of a team. Guess we should tell the Dane Bruglers, Brett Kollmans, and JT O'Sullivans of the world to shut down their outlets as well, they can't have an opinion on football because they're not GMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Packers are now doing exactly that with Jordan Love.
This is the second time in a row the Packers are putting a QB in after having him sit for a significant length of time. It worked out really well for them with Rodgers. Love isn't as talented, so it might not work out as well this time.