View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 09:59 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I agree. I think he has taken too many hits and now is limited in his mobility. Can he transition to being something different, a pocket passer?
That's not the style of offense they designed. They designed their offense for him to use his ability as a runner to their advantage. I don't know if his speed is limited at this point, Mike Vick is an example of a fast QB that got injured several times and still maintained his rushing ability for a long time.

I would say the Colts are built the most similarly to the Ravens from an offense perspective of any team in the league. And if Lamar only cost dollars, I'd be all for pursuing him. It’s that he would cost a quarter of a billion of guaranteed money, AND give one of the 5 best GMs in the league the ammunition he needs to permanently fix what has consistently been the biggest challenge on his roster in the #4 overall pick, not to mention then the Colts don't have that resource to help build their roster. It's just an all around bad idea for the Colts. Great idea for the Ravens, though.