View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 02:16 PM

Thanked 1,674 Times in 801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
If you think the issues I listed are a recipe for success then I question your sanity. In a QB driven league changing QBs every year, not being able to pass block, not being able to rush the passer, or having WRs that can’t get open affects wins and losses. Having one of them MAY be manageable. Having more than one isn’t. Ballard has consistently let multiple be an issue. Remember when he started the season with no DE with double digit sacks (in a 4-3 alignment) TOTAL FOR THEIR CAREER? How many winning team do you think have done that in the modern NFL?

The Colts supposedly have a great LG, great off ball LB, and a great RB. Let’s for a second ignore the fact those are three of the least valuable positions in football, but how big a fucking impact have they had this year? Now tell me what Ballard has done at QB, LT, and DE - actual positions that affect winning. Having Tannehill over the last 5 years would be an improvement over what the team has done. Consistency at the position matters.

I’d take Vrabel as a coach, the question isn’t if he’s better than Reich, it’s if anyone could win consistently with the teams Ballard has put on the field. But regardless Reich was Ballard’s second choice at HC. Want to discuss how great his first choice is doing? If Franks sucks as bad as you think, it looks like Ballard has the same eye for HCs that he does QBs, LTs, and DEs.
Well I'd say we also have one of the best interior DT combos in the league with Grover and Buckner. Also I'd lobby for Kwity Paye being the best edge-setting run defending DEs in the league. The secondary is adquate. The pass rush clearly is a weakness, we need a double digit sack guy on this line.