Thread: Swoope to IR
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 06:09 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
So, do you think the Doctors misdiagnosed Edge's knee injury on orders from Irsay?
I don't think I said anything like that Ed, I think I posted a link refuting Omaha's claim that there was never any bad blood over the Edge injury as evidenced by Irsay giving Edge a ring.

No, I don't even think they misdiagnosed his injury, I do however question if they've been truthful about 1). The severity at the time of disclosure (no way an NFL team would EVER be guilty of such a thing...) and 2). How successful the surgery and rehab has been (here I absolutely believe it's all about Irsay not wanting empty seats on Sunday's...).

FWIW Ross Tucker stood in for Dan Patrick today and there was a good segment on the treatment of injuries at the college level vs the NFL. He said in college when he blew his MCL it was sort of a quick- "nope, you are done" from the doctor. However in the NFL he watched a teammate with a fractured knee cap be pressured to practice- being told it was just a bruise, and literally falling down and screaming in pain because he couldn't put weight on it. The team's perspective, and he said this is just the way it is in the NFL- it's your job to get out there and play.

Do I think Luck is a competitor, a hell of a teammate and someone that would love to be out there, yes I do. I think that KC game spoke volumes about the guys heart and all the runs where he has been destroyed battling for an extra yard- tremendous desire to win.

However do I also think this team is complete shit and that the people running it from the owner (go away Jim) to the GM (and I am absolutely including Ballard until proven otherwise) to the coach (who I have a huge sample to use as my evaluation point) have failed this guy---- absolutely.