Thread: OL
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 06:35 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtBlue View Post
This team has fell off a cliff with the OL play.

I think it contributes to a few different things.

1) Chris Strausser and Kevin Mawae.

2) But the biggest changes I seen from last season of not having a good run game is.

Team Missing:

Mark Glowinski- would I paid him $18mi like Giants probably not but incentives could have been made making him wanting to stay.

Chris Reed- good veteran

Jack Doyle- yes Jack, best blocking TE

Pascal- Not great WR, but very good blocking WR

This is what is missing that made them decent last season as a good run blocking team. They were not a good pass protection team..

Ballard failed at replacing these players. Is Ballard a terrible GM? absolutely not.

IMO, Frank and Ballard would be better on a team with a already franchise QB in place.

These are all my opinions and nothing more please don't smack me around too hard. I'm old and delicate...Lmao
Those are certainly factors. IMO Ballard deciding Matt Pryor was a good LT and handing him the starting job is the biggest factor in why our OL sucks this year.

But that doesn't explain why Smith, Kelly, and Nelson suck now too. Not too long ago when you watched a Colts game you'd see all kinds of replays showing those guys completely blow their opponents off the LOS. Now it's the complete opposite of that. Could be Strausser and Mawae, but since Strausser has been here since '19 it seems like more that just those 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-04-2022)