Thread: OL
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 05:33 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtBlue View Post
This team has fell off a cliff with the OL play.

I think it contributes to a few different things.

1) Chris Strausser and Kevin Mawae.

2) But the biggest changes I seen from last season of not having a good run game is.

Team Missing:

Mark Glowinski- would I paid him $18mi like Giants probably not but incentives could have been made making him wanting to stay.

Chris Reed- good veteran

Jack Doyle- yes Jack, best blocking TE

Pascal- Not great WR, but very good blocking WR

This is what is missing that made them decent last season as a good run blocking team. They were not a good pass protection team..

Ballard failed at replacing these players. Is Ballard a terrible GM? absolutely not.

IMO, Frank and Ballard would be better on a team with a already franchise QB in place.

These are all my opinions and nothing more please don't smack me around too hard. I'm old and delicate...Lmao

Jalen Hurts was available and Ballard passed on him. Yeah hindsight is 2020 but Ballard didn't even seem to make an effort at getting a QB. Also ironic that Hurts is being coached by the guy that use to be our offensive coordinator that got more out of our current offense.

Hard to not point fingers at Ballard and Reich..

Imagine the Eagles go on to win the SB...

That would be what twice in a decade that our Assistant coach goes on to be the winning SB coach within a decade.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
ColtBlue (11-03-2022)