View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 12:51 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post

I go back to the incredible game in '78 ...... 9/18/78, when Joe Washington's 90 yard KO return beat the Pats (yes I have hated them that long) on one of the sloppiest fields ever.

I've been through all of the ups and downs, had season tickets, etc...

I've had players and coaches I have disliked across this wide span but not a specific "team". However, I can legitimately say that this team, is the one I have the least amount of investment in from an emotional standpoint. As SOOOOO many of us have said, there is ZERO heart on this team. Me, I think it's there, I think there are guys that are leaders, that want to win, that care deeply about this team.

I just feel like this coaching staff takes steps that obviate that level of commitment and desire. It feels like a team that has been forbidden from being themselves and instead have been crafted to be way too professional. As others have pointed out, they aren't fun, and to me it all starts with the dude with the headset on the sidelines. I think to a man nearly all players and coaches would vote to abolish the unsportsmanlike penalty for celebration, but I would expect Frank to be among a tiny group that is in favor of it because it can lead to guys feeling disrespected and that's not nice. That's just how I view him and that's now how I view football.

o

The Joe Washington game, against the Patriots ...... in the 4th quarter alone, he had a hand in 3 TD's. He threw a 54-yard TD pass to Roger Carr, he caught a 23-yard TD from Bill Troup, and he returned a kickoff 90 yards for a TD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7erbANgBHo

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck