Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Nice try. I said democratic as in a system

de·moc·ra·cy
/dəˈmäkrəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: democracy
a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

re·pub·lic
/rəˈpəblik/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: republic; plural noun: republics
a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

Which is system based on democratic values.

In a pure democracy, laws are made directly by the voting majority leaving the rights of the minority largely unprotected. In a republic, laws are made by representatives chosen by the people and must comply with a constitution that specifically protects the rights of the minority from the will of the majority
Slow down bubba. The constitution is one area I am quite fluent in. I have 3 certifications from Hillsdale and I attended law school with constitutional understanding as my area of concern. No I am not a lawyer, I chose a different career path, one much more lucrative.

The shit you type from some search engine first page display is mental retardation on display. The word democracy appears nowhere in the constitution or the federalist papers. It wasn't an oversight, it was intentional by the framers. Stick to what you know, which doesn't appear to be much, but stay with it, maybe some day.

Last edited by Lov2fish; 06-21-2022 at 09:19 PM.