View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 06:20 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head. It has more to do with those who have money and those who do not. Like you said, the founding principles are liberty and opportunity. For decades, opportunity was denied to blacks. Dwelling on this without looking to the future instead of the past will get us (and blacks) nowhere.

What is the solution? I really do not know. Poor people usually are in the doom loop where they have no idea how to get out of poverty because the upbringing was not there like it was for those who are not in poverty. Until we figure out how to stop the loop (which I think is impossible) we cannot fix poverty and inequality.
Better schools for the inner city and poor rural areas. That means paying the best money to outstanding educators. Make a commitment to provide the best instruction to the most challenged. Superintendents and principals get the best pay and spend the least amount of time with students. A CPA can do most of the BS paperwork, and money counting. Pay the people who are fighting the 3 meter war of education what they are worth, hire a money guy to do the budget