View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 01:25 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I had endzone seats for several years at LOS, and that statement is nonsense

https://www.colts.com/news/anthony-c...ed-player-2020
I hope you don't think that article refutes my point. If anything, it bolsters my point. The PFF grades say the exact same thing I said, elite pass blocker, average run blocker. I don't usually trust PFF, but it looks like they got that one right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
While I'm sure the hope is that he can step right in and start from day one, realistically speaking if he was ready to do that he likely would have been drafted well before where we picked up. For all of his physical traits he still has only played 2 years at OL in the MAC, which will probably be too big of a leap for him. Guessing he'll get eased into it, but of course stranger things have happened.
He played SEC teams (Missouri, LSU) and held up against them, also played well in the Senior Bowl. From what I've heard,, his medicals dropped him for a lot of teams, also he's a bit older than the average rookie at age 25. Either way, he's someone the Colts would've been comfortable taking at 42, and some outlets even had a first round grade on him.