Thread: Why not ryan?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 11:31 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I posted on another thread that I think Ryan is our best fit by far. He handled the situation with Watson like a man (didn't say shit-unlike Mayfield who wined all over social media). He would bring a sense of stability and class. He would be an incredible person to tutor whomever we eventually end up with at QB. And I think he gives us a shot in the playoffs if Ballard can give him a few more weapons. I agree with you JAFF that just taking his contract off Atlanta's hands gives them much more options going forward. Next year is a great QB year supposedly and Atlanta has a team full of holes. They are not going anywhere with Ryan, he may want an extension (give the man an extra year to total 3 more years) and why would Atlanta want to do that? Trading him to a team with playoff hopes would probably sit well with the fandom in Atlanta, they love the guy and would be happy like we were that Peyton got another shot. If we go this route it will be an abject failure if we do not address the LT spot adequately. Mobile Ryan isn't. We will know by 4 today as he is do a roster bonus.

Biggest issue is trading him does nothing for Atlanta's cap this year, he will have a 40 million hit on their cap if traded

Last edited by Oldcolt; 03-21-2022 at 11:35 AM.