View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 03:57 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
They knew it. Ballard and Irsay were doubtful. Reich just said yesterday on the radio at the combine that he put his ass on the line for Wentz. Wentz let him down. The player Reich coached at Philly is not the same guy today is my guess. Reich thought he could get MVP Wentz, it was a calculated gamble and they lost. I will say for a little while it looked like it might work out. He was up and down, but was trending in a good direction. Then the last 4-5 games, he just started sucking.

If you go by the week by week analytics stampede blue did on Wentz, they predicted he would come down at the end. He was over performing in certain areas that his base stats did not justify. And for all the bad decisions he made, how many were dropped by the defense. Guy had some luck. His numbers could have been a lot worse.
JT bailed him out a time or two as well. You make some excellent points, I think the Colts almost have to roll with him one more season and maybe just not expect as much from him. I'm not sure how much work the Colts can insist he do in the off season, but if he would be willing to put in the work, why not hire somebody (a former proven QB for example) to work with him and try to salvage his career?
BCN#1 (03-04-2022)