View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Only thing good was his TD to INT ratio and you can thank all the attention Taylor got for that
To your point, I actually think this roster is more ready for a rookie passer (or close, like Ehlinger), There are still too many holes to fill on our squad, so it may take a year or two to fill it. In the meantime we can find that guy and I think we should do it now, with or without Wentz.
Because of our teams strengths, we could plug a rookie QB into our team who is smart, play system friendly football, and operate within Frank's scheme if it can be watered down some. Basically Mac Jones type of deal. A large reason why, in my opinion, our passing game faltered this year is due to reps, timing with Wentz and the receivers. Just at times when it seemed they were getting it together, Taylor would have a freaking blowup game and as the season wore on, EVERYONE was clamoring for JT to get fed the rock. So we did it. We did it at the expense of our passing game, really. Did COVID and Injures and yes, Wentz just generally shitting his red haired pants play a big factor? Yes it did.

On a side note, AR and Russ not going anywhere is really good for the Wentz market. We me may very well be able to ship him off for a 2 and 5 or something like that. If we do, we can really go out there and hand pick the best cheap FA QB on the market to compete with a rookie and Ehlinger. I like it!
The Following User Says Thank You to MeSayDayo For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-05-2022)