View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 11:22 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSayDayo View Post
To TY, I bid a fond farewell. He was a great Colt. But he is toast, and we need to look forward.

As for Wentz going to TB? I doubt it, but its possible. Best possible landing spot that his useless ass that he could hope for at this point.
Same could be said for the Steelers. Both have weapons on O, both coming off a season with a retiring HOFer at QB.
Personally, I think both of those franchises go young at QB because the coaches have the leash RIGHT NOW to go young and develop a kid. If you bring in a Wentz type that is basically risking shortening your coaching or GM leash by at least a year or two wasted on that guy. Especially for fanbases as proud and known for consistency as the Steelers. See what the Patriots did as an example. Only difference is I don't think a lot of teams will voluntarily waste a year on a guy like Newton (Wentz) when they have both kind of proven the player they are at this point.
Wentz being packaged with a Wilson or Carr almost makes more sense at this point then a team looking to feature him. TB might be okay with a stopgap but I don't see Pitt being okay with it.
From indy star

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts are still waiting for official word from T.Y. Hilton and Jack Doyle on possible retirements, but the signals they've gotten have been different.

Hilton met with general manager Chris Ballard a couple of weeks ago and indicated he wanted to continue playing. Doyle, meanwhile, has not informed the Colts of his plans one way or another.

They were the two longest-tenured Colts players on last year's roster, as Hilton arrived in the 2012 draft and Doyle as an undrafted free agent in 2013. Hilton said last season that he planned to base his decision on whether to retire or come back on what Doyle decided to do.

But as of now, Hilton is the one showing more signs that he could be back.

More:Colts GM Chris Ballard on Carson Wentz, criticism: 'It'll be interesting to see how he grows from this'

More:Colts T.Y. Hilton on retirement: I know what I want to do but I want to take some time

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton (13) walks the field after making a big reception in the first quarter of the game on Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022, at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, Fla.
"T.Y. can still play," Ballard said. "One, he’s about as smart as any player I’ve ever been around. He just knows how to play the game. Even though his skillset isn’t the same as it was three or four years ago, his instincts and his level of understand what’s happening ... he knows how to play."

The four-time Pro Bowler is coming off his worst season statistically, with 331 yards, as he was limited to a career-low 10 games due to injuries to his neck, head and foot. Now 32, Hilton was one of the Colts' better producers at wide receiver once he came back in November, and he grew as one of the most vocal leaders along the way.

Doyle, 31, continued to flash as a run blocker as he always has, but his receiving has dipped some, with 553 yards combined over the past two seasons. He's a player many cite as one of their favorite teammates for the way he blocks and approaches practice.

The Colts are in need of better offensive weapons after they topped 200 yards passing in just two of the final eight games, but they also seem confident they can find it in areas outside of where Hilton and Doyle play. Figuring out their statuses will become a priority as the start of free agency nears on March 16.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (03-02-2022), Racehorse (03-02-2022), smitty46953 (03-01-2022)