View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 10:27 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

The thing that makes me think this is a correct story is the silence from the Colts. I think Peter King may be correct that there is something else that went down between Wentz and the Colts other than his shit play. He played adequately for the middle of the season and with what is available out there two incredibly shit games don't seem enough to throw away what we gave for him already. There surely is more to it than that. This was Kings take this morning:

Carson Wentz. My first reaction when I heard Chris Mortensen’s report that the Colts would try to trade Wentz in the next month: There’s something bubbling beneath the surface here. Wentz failed down the stretch for Indianapolis, but the play itself (middling .624 accuracy rate, 27 TDs, seven picks, 94.7 rating) wasn’t bad enough for the Colts and coach/mentor Frank Reich to give up on a player they spent first- and third-round picks to acquire.

A couple of things to consider here. Late in his Eagles’ tenure, Wentz did some immature things—got ticked off about the team drafting Jalen Hurts in the second round in 2020, reportedly stopped talking to coach Doug Pederson for a period. He got benched for poor play down the stretch of the season, leading to his trade to Indy. Reich loved him in Philadelphia. My guess is something happened here, something other than a 9-8 record, that led to this moment. Attitude, an incident, work ethic, loss of trust. Something. I don’t know what.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (02-14-2022), Racehorse (02-14-2022)