View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 06:38 PM

Thanked 4,431 Times in 2,540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
We have very little money spare, we are not going to be big players in free agency guys. We have so many of our own free agents that we might need to resign. Now some of the lower level guys are just going to replace the existing lowest contract value so won't take up any space off the available cap space. But i can see some of the lower guys who we might want to keep such as Pryor, Reed, Turay, Lewis, Odum earning significantly more than they are currently earning. Lets just say for arguments sake they average $4m each, thats $20m. Are we going to resign Fisher, he is likely to get similar to last year @ $8-9m, Alie-Cox might expect $5m. Stallworth, Dulin, Adams, Franklin, are each likely to get paid $2m each. So we have already taken $42m just to resign some of our own. What does that leave us with $15m, for a new QB, WR, CB, DE etc. We are not about to be splashing the cash, as we simply don't have that much. If Doyle retires that would give some more cap space, but another position of need to fill.

Name - 2021 salary
Fisher - 8.3m
Hilton - 8.0m
Glowinski - 5.4m
Rhodes - 4.8m
Alie-Cox - 3.4m
Pascal - 3.4m
Muhammad - 2.9m
Tevi - 2.5m
Rochell - 2.5m
Odum - 2.1m
Carrie - 2.1m
Mack - 2.0m
Turay - 1.3m
Davenport - 1.1m
Reed - 1.1m
Lewis - 1.1m
Sendejo - 1.1m
Addae - 1m
Badgley - 0.9m
Woods - 0.9m
Stallworth - 0.9m - Restricted
Dulin - 0.85m - Restricted
Pryor - 0.7m
Adams - 0.6m
Franklin - 0.6m
This is mostly my point of this thread. I keep seeing "sign this guy" comments, and the reality is we just won't have that luxury. we need to fill spots of expiring contracts.