View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 12:24 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post

I’m not sure ...... but I know that after COVID, the dude played like flat shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post

That would include some of the offensive line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

The further away from the end of the season I get, the more I am convinced that COVID was a major culprit in this downfall. Almost every person I know who had COVID took months to get back completely physically, and the vast majority had a mental fog for a few weeks ...... neither of those factors/symptoms is conducive to winning in the NFL.

o

Something similar happened to Cam Newton last season, although he seemed to only be affected for 3 weeks (2 games, plus the week/game that he missed for getting COVID in the first place) before getting back on track ...... and if that is indeed the case (and especially if Wentz was affected for an even longer period of time than was Cam Newton last season), then my hopes for seeing the quarterback that we saw play for the Eagles in the 2017 and 2018 seasons when he had a combined 54 TD passes to only 14 INT's and a completion percentage of 69.6% in the latter season will be moderately higher than they currently are.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (01-30-2022)