View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 03:44 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I wanted Wentz over Darnold, and it wasn't close.

In spite of what wound up being a disastrous final 2 games of 2021, I still have some hope that Wentz will have a better season in 2022 after having gotten a year of experience under his belt playing with his new team.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post

Sure, but from what I have read/seen it looks like he is making the same type of mistakes that drove Philly nuts.

o

I have hopes, though they are not especially high. Prior to the 2-game collapse at the end of the season, it seemed as though most Colts fans felt that Ballard had built a solid, overall team (as opposed to an extremely Manning-dependent, Luck-dependent team.) I do think that it is possible that the current Colts teams is a better overall one than were the Eagles in Wentz' last 2 seasons with them (2019 and 2020), and that that factor will perhaps be an important one in my hopes of Wentz evolving into the kind of quarterback that he is capable of being.

In some ways, Jimmy Garoppolo's failures in clutch/key situations is a parallel to Carson Wentz' failures in clutch/key situations ...... and his team is going to its second NFC Championship game in 3 years.

This, of course, is all being looked at through my royal blue-shaded glasses.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-27-2022)