View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I don't know. Maybe I'm the weird one, but...

Let's look at 1999-2015 (from Manning to Luck falling apart). I much prefer that I was a Colts fan as opposed to a Giants fan. We went to two Super Bowls and won one. They went to three Super Bowls and won two.

But... the Giants also missed the playoffs 10 seasons in that span. Seven losing seasons, two more 8-8 seasons. Reached double-digit wins 6 times. That's a lot of time wallowing in irrelevancy. We've had 4 of those seasons since 2015 (arguably 5) and they're awful seasons to sit through.

In contrast, I had a blast watching the Colts basically every season during that span aside from 2001 when both Edge's knee and Mora's brain blew out and then in 2011 when Manning's head got too heavy. Aside from those seasons, the Colts we're among the elite teams year in and year out.

Again, maybe I'm the weird one.
I love the Colts, but trading the heartbreak of the Steelers loss and all the one and dones for beating the Pats in two SBs - including ruining their perfect season? Hell yeah, I’d take that trade!!

Honestly, maybe I just become too invested when I believe. The Manning led teams always made me believe, so the losses were much harder. I never trusted the team this year. Hell you could say I didn’t even really like them as a team. So the loss to the Jags was more disgusting than it was gutting like the Steelers loss or the Saints SB loss. I’m ok with ups and downs. I enjoy watching a team build, but I’ve found I hate believing and then having the same old issue destroy my dreams.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (01-14-2022), njcoltfan (01-16-2022), rcubed (01-14-2022)